Friday, December 17, 2010

Troubles of a Pre-tween.....

My oldest is almost 8 and he's in a whole "I'm much too cool to be part of this nerdy family" mood lately. He talks back, doesn't listen, and can't go more than 1o minutes without picking a fight with either me, my husband, or one of his siblings. Some days I want to ring his neck, but then within 5 minutes he's a complete angel, helping out around the house, or having a conversation with me that makes me realize he's growing up. Some days it's hard to handle him and his mood swings, but I know I'll get through it. I just don't know if I'm prepared to handle the dreaded pre-tweens that lead to tweens and eventually......BUM BUM BUM....THE TEENAGER! AHHHH!!!! If this is an indication of what's to come you better believe that I'm scared.

No comments:

Post a Comment