Saturday, August 1, 2009

School Clothes Shopping....

When I was growing up, the day we reserved for shopping for school stuff was always one of the funnest days of the summer. I used to be so excited about it and always had tons of fun. We would always go to McDonalds (which at the time was gourmet dinning to me!) and spend the whole day trying on clothes and picking out all our favorites. I mean come on...who wouldn't love clothes shopping. How about the parents that have to see the bill! Wow I never realized how fast it all ads up. And we shopped a lot of sales. I can only see the bill getting higher every year as the kids get older and each want more expensive, name brand, clothes. My 6 year old already only likes Air Jordan, Sketchers, and Echo. We bought 3 pairs of new shoes for the 3 boys yesterday, like 10 pairs of pants, 2 sweater jackets, 5 shirts, and a new dress for little Bella. I thought we did pretty good. We made it a fun day for them, we took them to the food court in the mall and let them get whatever they wanted (Big surprize it was McDonalds). I think back to school shopping will be something they'll always remember too. The good thing this year though is the 2 younger boys we can still talk into getting the cheaper shoes by saying how cool they are! Our oldest already thinks we're nuts and he has his own style. We're obviously not the "cool" parents we think we are. Well, as long as no one has a major growth spurt this year we should be set with shopping. Here's hoping!

No comments:

Post a Comment