Saturday, August 1, 2009

Terrible Two's

I've been giving the terrible two's a lot of thought lately. It seems with each kid they have gotten worse. You would think that with each kid I would get the hang of it better and it would seem simpler. Well that's not the case. I think with my 3rd though I've finally figured out the reason behind the "terrible two's." I think 90% of his fits that he throws are not because he is being a stubborn brat, but because he has something he wants to tell us, but he isn't able to speak them to us yet to where we understand him. I've been trying harder to listen to him, and help him explain what he wants. But I can tell when I'm in a hurry and stressed out I don't try as hard and that seems to be his "bad" days. I'm sure we'd get frustrated too if we wanted something and couldn't tell people what it was and no one understood us. Maybe by the time Bella starts going through her terrible twos I'll finally have the hang of this and be able to pass through that phase in a breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment