Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Countdown to back to school

Summer is officially coming to an end here. My son goes back to school in 14 days. It's crazy. He will be a 1st grader. No longer the babies of the school. Part of me is ready for the long boring summer days to come to an end and get back in the swing of school and starting of sports (he's starting football this year). But another part of me thinks he's growing up too fast and now it's first grade, tomorrow it'll be college. So I've decided to make the rest of his summer vacation something to remember. Make it all about the fun and not be so strict. Today we went outside and had a water fight with the hose. Maybe just one big fun thing a day. It didn't cost any money, but according to my son it made me the "best mom in the world!" Which totally made my day. I love hearing comments like that. So I'm going to try to get comments like that more often. 1 fun thing a day for the next 14 days! Well I guess today I did 2 because when we came in I gave them each an ice cream sandwhich. I know I'm horrible, but secretly I wanted one too and knew I couldn't sneak one without being caught. Anyone else want to do this with me? 14 days....it's not that hard. Make the effort. Go camping in the living room, or have a movie and popcorn night. Summer's almost over and then it'll be homework, projects, sports, pta meetings, and bake sales. Let's do something fun now before the craziness of the school year starts up. I'll keep you updated daily with my "fun thing of the day" and please tell me yours too!

No comments:

Post a Comment